Careers service: Interview workshops – Bradford
We provided a series of workshops to undergraduates studying English, including Creative Writing, with the objectives of developing confidence and improving performance at interview.
The workshops were supplemented by supervised individual use of The Interviewer, an interactive software package, including webcam, which enabled students to experience a “mock” interview which was recorded and played back. The Interviewer simulated a real selection interview and the opportunity to practice interview skills in a supportive environment.
This is one a series of projects. You can read about them all on the main project page.
Benefits to English students
The workshops focused on the skills English students gained from their degree level studies and the ways in which these skills could be communicated to employers, or other opportunity providers, at selection interviews.
The workshops increased the employability of English students by providing:
- knowledge and understanding of the main skills and qualities employers require of graduates
- knowledge and understanding of the techniques involved in effective interview preparation
- practical interview skills and feedback on performance
- The Interviewer interactive software, including use of webcam
- AGCAS videotape Why Ask Me That
- University of Bradford bookletInterviews
- A Way with Words – Creativity, Enterprise and the English Graduate a DVD produced by the English Subject Centre
University of Bradford