Creative Writing Project Module (CILASS)
We will develop an innovative new strand in our creative writing programme, piloting it as an MA module, as a way of establishing a successful template for IBL in this subject area. We will also establish partnerships and a profile within the West London community. This model could then be modified to offer appropriately scaled opportunties in a Year 3 module.
- Students will collaborate on projects with ‘Spread The Word’, the ACE-supported resource that supports the development of new creative writing and live literature in London and maintains an online community of writers.
- Students will benefit from experiential learning in arts management
- Creative Writing students will be able to extend their practice in a community project
- Students will be encouraged to find innovative ways to identify, engage and interact with their audience
- Students will extend their professional preparation
- Our graduates will gain confidence, transferable skills and practical experience
In the developing pedagogy of creative writing:
- Staff will expand their understanding of creative writing teaching
- Teaching practice will develop in closely connection with the local community of writers
- Staff will increase awareness of literature in action in our community
- Projects in educational will offer opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration with the School of Education (with whom we are already working on other initiatives)
- Our community, which includes extensive areas of social deprivation, will benefit from the activities devised in this module.
English, Brunel University