Newsletter: Issue 5
Read the Newsletter Online
Download the Newsletter
- Newsletter Issue 5 – Section 1 – Editorial
- Newsletter Issue 5 – Section 2 – Articles
- Newsletter Issue 5 – Section 3 – Info & Notices
Professor Philip Martin, Director, English Subject Centre
- Writing Textbooks
Rob Pope, Research Co-ordinator in English in the school of Arts and Humanities, Oxford Brookes University, asks questions about – and argues for – the writing of textbooks.
- ‘Wit and Wisdome’
Gweno Williams, National Teaching Fellow and Reader in Early Modern Drama at York St John, College of the University of Leeds looks at the creative and innovative inter-relationships between research and teaching.
- What is a Postgraduate Degree in Creative Writing?
Dr Graeme Harper, of the UK Centre for Creative Writing Research Through Practice, University of Wales, Bangor reflects on the nature of the postgraduate degree in Creative Writing.
- Don’t Just Do Something!
Leo D’Agostino, St Mary’s University College, Belfast, considers the place and teaching of poetry.
- Life After English
Dr Peter Strachan reflects on how his study of English has contributed to his life and career beyond the discipline.
- Supporting Writing Skills
Dr Siobhán Holland, English Subject Centre, Royal Holloway, University of London, reviews the factors contributing to the success of the Royal Literary Fund scheme for supporting writing skills.
English Subject Centre News and Reports
- Images Please!
- Staff Changes and The Future of the English Subject Centre
- The Condition of the Subject: Conference Update
Information and Notices
- Report Roundup
- Statistical Sources: a brief guide
- English in UK HE: a statistical update