Seminar teaching: Self assessment
It may be that peer observation is not available to you. In which case (and in the spirit of ‘reflective practice’) you might like to write yourself some notes on such lines as these:
- What do I myself value most about seminar leaders?
- What are my strengths as a seminar leader?
- What are my weaknesses?
- Remember a seminar you were pleased with: why was this?
- How do I think I appear to my students?
- think about something that has gone wrong in a seminar. Why was this? Could I have handled things better?