The ASSAP Project – Adding Subject Specificity to Accredited Programmes or “The Pool”
Welcome to ‘The Pool’, a Higher Education Academy/JISC funded Open Educational Resources project. ‘The Pool’ is a themed collection of resources for use by English or Creative Writing lecturers in Higher Education, especially those following accredited courses for lecturers — or for use by more experienced colleagues seeking to enhance or refresh their teaching practice. The collection comprises a variety of types of materials such as video footage, activities and texts. Used together or individually, these can be used to add a subject-dimension to accredited courses or be incorporated in learning and teaching events within departments.
The Director of the English Subject Centre, Professor Ben Knights, introduces the Pool in these 2 short videoclips available to watch here or on YouTube.
Ben Knights introduces the Pool
Ben Knights talks about how you might use the Pool
All the resources created are now stored on the Subject Centre’s VLE, in the HumBox repository (see references below) and in JorumOpen (the UK-wide OER repository). To access them in the Virtual Learning Environment please use the access details below. If you would like a copy of the entire course from Moodle please use the contact address below.
- The Subject & Pedagogy
- Course Design
- Small group teaching
- Large group teaching
- Inclusive teaching
- Online teaching
How to Access ‘The Pool’ as an online course
The resources within the Pool are made available in three ways:
- either through our Moodle VLE – (VIRTUE) directly.
- or you can download the entire Moodle course from the ASSAP (The Pool) project page and upload it to your institutional VLE. (Moodle version 3.2)
- or you can access the resources from the Humbox Open Educational Resource (OER) repository for the Humanities.
From the former English Subject Centre were:
- Jane Gawthrope (Project Manager)
- Dr Jonathan Gibson (Project Co-ordinator)
- DrNicole King (Project Co-ordinator)
- Professor Ben Knights (Project Co-ordinator)
- Brett Lucas (Project Co-ordinator)
From Nottingham University:
- Dr Monica McLean (External Consultant, Academic Development)